I'll be back soon! I'm going to visit a place like this...

I'm off to Florida you guys! I'm taking a much needed long weekend to visit one of my sisters and relax on the beach. So, I'm leaving you with ways to add some light-hearted, tropical air to your space.

oh...this is so me... natural wood tones and white

via the beautiful blog, this is glamorous




West Elm(top)/Pottery Barn ( 2 bottom) via Material Girls

Material Girls gave some really good advice on achieving this look:
  • Rattan or wicker furniture
  • Wood flooring
  • Natural area rug- seagrass or sisal
  • Mixing lots of texture and pattern is a must!
  • Comfort is key- large upholstered furniture in preferably white or off white will give it a fresh, clean, and crisp look
  • Animal prints!!!!
  • A few leather pieces
  • Try to stick with these colors- pale yellows, browns, golds, beiges, natural greens that have more yellow in them, soothing blues, whites, and splashes of red, black, and chocolate brown
  • Wood furniture
  • Lanterns
  • Bamboo shades for your windows
  • Table setting- they have these great round textured placemats at Crate and Barrel/ C&B Outlet or you could do wooden bowls
  • Large floor vase with bamboo sticks
  • A candle in a glass container with water rocks/stones
  • Wood bowl with real fruit
But if you want more of a beach/nautical look, here are some of my favorite accessories:

  • Faux coral- I can't say enough about it, I have a piece of it in my Living Room that I bought at Crate and Barrell and it just makes my coffee table.
  • Extra large clam shells- I know we have done a high low feature on this before, but you can find them everywhere these days- they are very in style!
  • Anything dark blue and white
  • Stripes are always nice for this
  • How about putting starfish in a bowl or in a jar?
  • Shells on a stand or in a glass bowl
  • A glass apothecary jar filled with sand...my mom (who inspires me every day!) has been collecting sand from the different beaches she has visisted while on vacation for the past I don't know how many years- she then puts the sand in different glass jars and labels them where they came from. It makes a really cute display and a great conversation starter about all of your travels!
Tips via Material Girls (more great info to be had)

via Home Decorating Reviews






Tropical island architectural genius! I love the use of stone! It must make the home feel so cool when coming in from the beach.

viazlgdesign



You have read this article "West Elm" / airy / beach / coastal decor / Florida / nautical decor / Pottery Barn / stone / tropical with the title I'll be back soon! I'm going to visit a place like this.... You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2009/03/i-be-back-soon-i-going-to-visit-place.html. Thanks!

No comment for "I'll be back soon! I'm going to visit a place like this..."

Post a Comment