Calm and fuss-free remodeled loft

I found this house tour in the New York Times Home & Garden section, and I thought I'd share and see what you guys thought about the space. The owner is an architect, and the apartment is on the Lower East Side. NYT states, "The 600-square-foot apartment, with its tangle of tiny rooms, had six windows, three exposures and an unusual floor plan. 'I felt I could create an efficient layout with spaces that would function well,' he said."


I like the floors, and the white painted brick walls, I just don't know if I would have painted them white throughout.

I would need a little more coziness in the bedroom, but everyone's different!

He separated the dining area and bedroom by using two storage units with a curtain hung between them.

hmmm...not sure I like that light in the corner...atleast, I think it's a light...

I like that part of the original walls were left as a partition

Molding with flush outlets


.


Duman prefers open shelving (from Ikea - counters too), as opposed to bulky cabinets

floorplan

Well, what do you like? What would you change?
You have read this article Ikea / loft / molding / renovated apartment / storage units / white brick walls with the title Calm and fuss-free remodeled loft. You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2009/02/calm-and-fuss-free-remodeled-loft.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Calm and fuss-free remodeled loft"

Post a Comment