A small favor please...

Hi guys -
As you may know, my family's dog, Cody, died a week before Christmas. He was diagnosed with lymphoma in November, and he only completed one round of chemo before he left us just a month later. He was only 8 years old. Lymphoma did not show up in any of his tests until it was too late, and he had dropped from 45 lbs to 25lbs. This loss devastated me and my family, and I cannot imagine the pain of families who have children or loved ones with this terrible, terrible cancer.

I am raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) as a participant in their Team In Training program and I'm asking you to help by making a donation to my fundraising campaign. I will be training over the next six months to participate in a marathon (26 miles) as a runner for the The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. The marathon I am running in is on June 20th in Anchorage, Alaska. All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives.

Please use the link in this post to donate online quickly and securely plus learn more about my progress. You will receive a confirmation of your donation by email and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation.

Donate here:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/anchor09/awhite1fr5

Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. More than 823,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers. I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help bring them hope and support.

On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, thank you very much for your support and consideration. I really do greatly appreciate your generosity. If you have any questions at all, email me at ashley.j.w@gmail.com

Best,
Ashley

P.S. I would appreciate it if you would forward this post ( http://decorology.blogspot.com/2009/02/small-favor-please.html ) to as many people as you can who may be interested and encourage them to donate as well. Thanks again.


My sweet boy after his first round of chemo. He died three weeks later, on Dec. 18th.

Happy and healthy at the beach this summer.




The day we brought him home, at eight weeks old. He would be turning 9 on June 2, 2009.

Again, any amount helps - and sorry to bring such a personal matter to the blog.

You have read this article donate / lls / lymphoma / marathon with the title A small favor please.... You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2009/02/a-small-favor-please.html. Thanks!

No comment for "A small favor please..."

Post a Comment