Help sourcing a headboard?

So a reader wrote in with this question:
"I just moved into a new apartment, and the colors in my apartment are red, black & white, and I have just fallen in love with the red velvet headboard used by Stephen Shubel in one of the bedrooms he designed. Can you tell me where I can purchase one, and what size bed does the headboard fit?"

Below is the headboard in question:


Here is the story which first featured the headboard in House Beautiful
The bed is mentioned, but no source was listed, so I'm thinking it's custom made. If I am incorrect - I would love to know it's source!

In the meantime, I've gathered up some alternatives. The red seems to be the hard part to fine. Upholstered headboard and velvet are both in style, so we're lucky in that sense.

I believe Jonathon Adler offers the closest option, and you can choose your fabric.
See/read more here.

This option is from Skyline furniture, which also allows you to choose your fabric.


Here's an affordable version in popular gray from Urban Outfitters.

And last but not least, Simply Shabby Chic's version from Target.
So I open it up to you guys - know of any other similar headboards?

You have read this article bedroom furniture / elegant bedding / glamorous bedroom / Stephen Shubel / upholstered bed / velvet headboard with the title Help sourcing a headboard?. You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2009/10/help-sourcing-headboard.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Help sourcing a headboard?"

Post a Comment