My favorite decorating style - and wow was it hard to narrow it down!

The very awesome Amber over at Maven Mama presented a little challenge for me to pick one image that best represents my personal style for interiors. I'll have you know it took me long enough - as she presented me with the question April 1st! It's so hard though, and for me my personal style sometimes depends on what day it is! But today, I'd have to say that I always come back to what I call mid-century modern vintage.

Here is the picture that inspired my decision:
via Sweet Fine Day on Flickr

I still don't feel like this image quite sums it up - and there are things that I would do differently of course. I love the neutrals and wood tones, but I'd have to have some aqua blue in there somewhere. Also some fluffy seating - a shabby chic couch or something....and some more organic forms. I guess I just haven't really found the "just right image" yet, but I love this little glimpse of the room. I also love this style because you can use items you already have - I don't believe in tossing something just cause it doesn't match. Also, items that you use and live with are special - and make a home really yours.

While we're on the topic, here's some more mid-century modern interiors.








9 above images from Desire to Inspire
via Design Shrine


via Hidden in France

via House of Onika

via Curbly

This one was a close contender... I just love spaces that are really lived in and loved.
via Apartment Therapy
You have read this article antique / danish modern / mid-century / modern / retro / Scandinavian decor / thrift store furniture / vintage with the title My favorite decorating style - and wow was it hard to narrow it down!. You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-favorite-decorating-style-and-wow.html. Thanks!

No comment for "My favorite decorating style - and wow was it hard to narrow it down!"

Post a Comment