Turquoise ocean and vineyards on cliffs - the amazingly stunning Amalfi coast

After Pompeii, the next stop on my trip around Europe last summer was the Amalfi coast. If you don't have a car, than the best way to see it is by bus. Most of the pictures are from the bus window, so forgive me if they are blurry or have a glare. As terrifying as it was to be at times on this bus whizzing around curves on the edge of the rocky cliff side, the view was staggeringly beautiful.







The bus stops in towns along the coast. The first one had a very interesting cathedral

Impressive homes and vineyards perched on the cliffs

Vineyard



We took a swim in this town

I spotted this gorgeous secluded beach from the bus...




Our last stop was Positano. It is touristy and a resort town, but it really was beautiful.

Here's that list again of all my posts from our travels that I've posted -

Spain

•Introduction to my European backpacking trip and a list of places we visited
Galicia - Baiona and Isle de Cies
Galicia - the coast, some charming vineyards, and Pontevedra
Santiago de Compostela and gorgeous hidden beaches
Gorgeous mountain lakes of Picos de Europa
Stunning mountains - Picos de Europa
Bilbao and San Sebastian
Beautiful Barcelona
The amazing Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona
Art Nouveau dream house by Gaudi in Barcelona

Italy

Not to miss - the gorgeous rocky coast of Italy's Cinque Terre
More from my summer traveling Europe - amazing Rome
From my summer in Europe - amazing Pompeii


So...tonight we are leaving for Sicily, where we will be scurrying around like nuts trying to see everything the island has to offer in 7 days. I will try to post but I don't know how much I'll accomplish. I will definitely be back on the 21st!
You have read this article amalfi coast / backpacking through europe / bellagio / bus tour / Italy / mediterranean / ocean / travel photography with the title Turquoise ocean and vineyards on cliffs - the amazingly stunning Amalfi coast. You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2011/04/turquoise-ocean-and-vineyards-on-cliffs.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Turquoise ocean and vineyards on cliffs - the amazingly stunning Amalfi coast"

Post a Comment