Inspiration to go bold with color and/or pattern

I'm probably a bit braver when it comes to pattern than color - even though I love color so much - especially the jewel tones that are so abundant right now. I think I run into issues choosing a color - so I always fall back on neutrals, grays, or whites. The more I seek out bright colors and patterns, however, the easier it is to imagine using them in my apartment.

Blue and white is possibly my favorite palette - and I love the white chair with the bold blue flower motif.


If your mixing patterns - especially with a wallpaper pattern - make sure the scale of the wallpaper pattern is unique - no other object should have the same scale pattern. Notice that the scale of the rug pattern is larger than the wallpaper.
via BHG

The blue and pink make for instant romance. The headboard is actually a really affordable DIY - mirror tiles from Ikea.
via Sunset Magazine



via House Beautiful

via Domino Magazine
You have read this article blue and white / bold colors / DIY headboard / patterns / wallpaper with the title Inspiration to go bold with color and/or pattern. You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2009/08/inspiration-to-go-bold-with-color-andor.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Inspiration to go bold with color and/or pattern"

Post a Comment