• Dust down the ceiling and corners
Consider if the walls in your home need to be washed. Check here for information on how to clean different wall surfaces. Don't forget air vents and switch plates.
• Dust and clean all wall art. Be careful when cleaning framed art and photographs. Never spray cleaner or water onto the frame. The liquid can seep behind the glass and damage the pictures. Instead lightly wet a clean cloth to wipe the frame and glass.
• Clean the Ceiling Fan.You know what's worse than a fly in your soup, a large chunk of dust from your ceiling fan in your soup. Dust the fan and fan blades. You may need to use a gentle cleanser like Murphy’s Oil Soap mixed with water and a cleaning cloth. Take down light fixtures and gently wash and dry them before replacing.
• Take down draperies and curtains to wash or have cleaned according to the directions. Dust down any blinds and other window treatments. Dust down and wash window sills and corners. Wash the inside and outsides of windows. Take down and rinse off screens, before replacing.
• Wash down the dining table, chairs, and any other furniture thoroughly. If you have wood furniture that needs to be oiled or waxed, do this now. If your chairs have an upholstered seat, spot clean the seats.
• Clean the carpet and rugs. You can choose to use a carpet professional, rent a cleaning machine, or vacuum and spot-treat according to soil level.
What You Need:
- Dust mop (preferably with a long handle)
- Cleaning cloths
- Small bucket with handle
- Vacuum with attachment
- Gentle cleanser
- Rug shampoo machine with upholstery attachment (optional)
- Spot remover for upholstery or carpets (optional)
I'd love to know more about you guys and your homes! Which dining room comes closest to yours?
images via House to Home
You have read this article chairs / country / dining room / kitchen / modern retro / spring cleaning / table with the title Spring clearing - the dining room (lots of dining eye candy too!). You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2009/04/spring-clearing-dining-room-lots-of.html. Thanks!