More from my summer in Europe - enchanting Siena

Siena was not originally on our schedule to visit this summer, but we ended up being able to squeeze it in one day. It's a laid back, charming Tuscan city with an amazing sense of history.

You can click on each image for a bigger version.


The famous Piazza Del Campo

You can read about Siena here.

Church of San Domenico on the hill.


I'd have to say the highlight of Siena for me was the interior of the Cathedral of Siena. I feel like if Tim Burton ever designed a cathedral interior, it would look like this. Black and white are the colors of the civic coat of arms of Siena, and the black and white stripes are really striking...

You can read about the Cathedral of Siena here


really cool, right?



I've seen A LOT of cathedrals and had never seen anything like this

There was also a room full of amazing painted manuscripts...which offer great pattern design inspiration...
What do you think? Has anyone here been to Siena? What did you think of the cathedral?

Here's that list again of all my posts from our travels that I've posted -

Spain

•Introduction to my European backpacking trip and a list of places we visited
Galicia - Baiona and Isle de Cies
Galicia - the coast, some charming vineyards, and Pontevedra
Santiago de Compostela and gorgeous hidden beaches
Gorgeous mountain lakes of Picos de Europa
Stunning mountains - Picos de Europa
Bilbao and San Sebastian
Beautiful Barcelona
The amazing Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona
Art Nouveau dream house by Gaudi in Barcelona

Italy

Not to miss - the gorgeous rocky coast of Italy's Cinque Terre
More from my summer traveling Europe - amazing Rome
From my summer in Europe - amazing Pompeii
Turquoise ocean and vineyards on cliffs - the amazingly stunning Amalfi coast
My Summer in Europe: Pictures from lovely Florence, Italy

So stay tuned for more Europe pics - next post will be featuring the one and only Venice!

Thanks as always to my boyfriend Chris, who took these amazing photos.
You have read this article backpacking through europe / cathedral / Italy / Siena / travel photography / Tuscany with the title More from my summer in Europe - enchanting Siena. You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2011/05/more-from-my-summer-in-europe.html. Thanks!

No comment for "More from my summer in Europe - enchanting Siena"

Post a Comment