The forgotten room

Boy did I get a little image happy with the hallways today! Lucky for you, and happy Friday! So, while a hallway might not mean much to most, the apartment i live in right now is the first NYC apartment I've inhabited that has an actual, real hallway. And nothing ads the finishing touch and homey detail than giving your hall a little love. Plus, you'll be putting that real estate to work!

Okay, so I think two important elements to make a long skinny hall feel like a cozy room is A. a welcoming lamp, and B. a runner or rug.

The hallway (especially an entrance) can make a great storage space for hats, umbrellas, walking sticks, shoes etc. Put all your loose possessions in coordinating bins or baskets to keep things tidy


*gasp* I love those mirrored understair cupboards! Two good things in one - mirrors to reflect light, and making the most of your space!

I'm a sucker for shoes lined up...and for puppies greeting you when you walk in the door.

My sister stacks her books like this in her stairs - I love the look


A narrow piece with shelves underneath ads double storage

again - not really a hall, but I thought the light treatment was nice

oh...that blue. Makes me think of Greece. I have that same red planner!

Okay - not really a hall - but I had to show you these stairs. I think it's kinda cool how they stripped down the paint to reveal the original wood, creating the illusion of a runner

If you have a piece that offers lots of storage like these drawers, it makes the perfect space to store hats, scarves, and other miscellaneous items.


A hall with a window presents the opportunity for a little nook to steal away.

So this is not something I would do myself, but I thought the image was really interesting - the hall is a mural in black marker.

What have you done or how have you put your hall to use? I'd love to hear your solutions!

via LivingEtc.
You have read this article baskets / bathroom cubby shelves / blue walls / coordinating storage / hallway / hallway storage / painted stairrunner with the title The forgotten room. You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2009/07/the-forgotten-room.html. Thanks!

No comment for "The forgotten room"

Post a Comment