Salzburg is probably best known these days for the setting in "The Sound of Music." However it was also the hometown of Mozart, boasts amazing Baroque architecture, and is framed by the amazing Alps.
I thought the capital detail was really unique.
You can read more about Salzburg here. As always - thanks to my boyfriend Chris for these gorgeous photos.
Here's that list again of all my posts from our travels that I've posted -
•Introduction to my European backpacking trip and a list of places we visited
• Galicia - Baiona and Isle de Cies
• Galicia - the coast, some charming vineyards, and Pontevedra
• Santiago de Compostela and gorgeous hidden beaches
• Gorgeous mountain lakes of Picos de Europa
• Stunning mountains - Picos de Europa
• Bilbao and San Sebastian
• Beautiful Barcelona
• The amazing Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona
• Art Nouveau dream house by Gaudi in Barcelona
• Not to miss - the gorgeous rocky coast of Italy's Cinque Terre
• More from my summer traveling Europe - amazing Rome
• From my summer in Europe - amazing Pompeii
• Turquoise ocean and vineyards on cliffs - the amazingly stunning Amalfi coast
• My Summer in Europe: Pictures from lovely Florence, Italy
• Enchanting Siena
•Lake Como, Italy
•Jungfrau region, Switzerland, Part 1
•Jungfrau region, Switzerland, Part 2
• One of my favorite cities from my European backpacking trips - Ulm, Germany
• Lake Constance
• Cute HOUSE Overload - the charming medieval homes of Germany's Romantic Road
You have read this article Austria / backpacking through europe / baroque architecture / Germany / half-timbered / medieval town / Mozart / Regensburg / Salzburg / Sound of Music / timber-framed / travel photography with the title More from my European summer 2010 trip..Regensburg, Germany, and Salzburg, Austria. You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2012/01/more-from-my-european-summer-2010.html. Thanks!