• Invest in a high-quality worktop. It is essential to the aesthetic and for maximizing space.
• Allow for numerous electrical sockets. You can’t have too many unless they’re eyesores.
• Separate the refrigerator from the grill, oven and similar appliances as much as possible.
• Make space for a dishwasher.
• Place base cabinets at least 21” deep.
• Place cabinets above countertops at least 30” high and 12” deep with at least 60” of frontage.
• Make your walkways 42” wide and your passageways at least 36” wide.
• Hire a professional fitter to connect the gas.
• Hire a professional electrician to handle all wiring.
• Hire a professional plumber to set up the water supply, waste disposal and drainage.
Below are some great example of kitchen Do's
via Christopher Peacock
via Schibsted Forlag
• Overestimate cabinetry and cupboards; too much will make the kitchen seem smaller than necessary.
• Go with less than 144” of frontage for small kitchens or 186” for large kitchens (greater than 150 square feet).
• Allow for less than 15” clearance between counter and the bottom of wall cabinets; 18” is best.
• Carpet the kitchen. A kitchen floor will get wet, and it needs to be as hygienic as possible.
• Place a dishwasher farther than 36” away from a sink.
• Hang anything, including cabinets, over an oven or hob.
• Place an oven or hob directly beneath a window.
• Purchase elaborate window coverings. Simple blinds are the best choice.
• Underestimate storage needs. Any kitchen needs a combination of at least six drawers and cupboards.
• Account for less than 12” x 24” for each diner.
• Forget to place a smoke alarm and a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
This kitchen is a major don't...
via Ugly House Photos
These are some of the major decorating tips to look out for when revamping your kitchen. Happy decorating!
*disclosure: this is a sponsored post
You have read this article backsplash / beautiful kitchens / cabinets / countertops / kitchen deisgn / modern kitchen / ugly kitchen with the title The Dos and Dont's of Kitchen Decorating. You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2011/09/the-dos-and-dont-of-kitchen-decorating.html. Thanks!