wikipedia. Thank goodness for that!
After Gimmewald we went to Wengen, and from there we took another cable car up to a beautiful hike.
We returned to Lauterbrunnen for dinner, where we witnessed a parade of men ringing huge bells down the street, unfortunately for them it was pouring rain. Does anyone know anything about this tradition?
Unfortunately pictures just can't do this gorgeous country and these AMAZING mountains any justice, I hope everyone gets a chance to see it...
Here's that list again of all my posts from our travels that I've posted -
•Introduction to my European backpacking trip and a list of places we visited
• Galicia - Baiona and Isle de Cies
• Galicia - the coast, some charming vineyards, and Pontevedra
• Santiago de Compostela and gorgeous hidden beaches
• Gorgeous mountain lakes of Picos de Europa
• Stunning mountains - Picos de Europa
• Bilbao and San Sebastian
• Beautiful Barcelona
• The amazing Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona
• Art Nouveau dream house by Gaudi in Barcelona
• Not to miss - the gorgeous rocky coast of Italy's Cinque Terre
• More from my summer traveling Europe - amazing Rome
• From my summer in Europe - amazing Pompeii
• Turquoise ocean and vineyards on cliffs - the amazingly stunning Amalfi coast
• My Summer in Europe: Pictures from lovely Florence, Italy
• Enchanting Siena
•Lake Como, Italy
•Jungfrau region, Switzerland, Part 1
Thanks as always to my boyfriend Chris, who acted as the trip photographer
You have read this article Alps / backpacking through europe / cheese hut / cottage / Gimmewald / mountains / Swiss cottage / Switzerland / travel photography / waterfall with the title Flower covered cottages tucked away in green mountains.... You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2011/08/flower-covered-cottages-tucked-away-in.html. Thanks!