1. Have a neutral back drop. Go for creams, white, beige, gray (like the one shown below), clay, sage & light browns.
2. Choose furniture pieces that are fuss-free. Go for clean lines & comfort. Make it livable & cozy like upholstered furniture whether it's the sofa, dining chairs or a headboard.
3. Have white....lots of it! This picture says it all, white is not boring if you choose the right pieces.
4. Have at least one piece, a wall or a window with a bold pattern & color. Bright orange & greens seem to go real well with white.
5. Have a ledge display of your flea market finds.
6. Add ultra modern pieces in steel, aluminum, brushed nickel or chrome pieces. And last but not the least,keep it simple!
Pretty good tips huh?
The site also has lots of cute accessories to create looks such as "French Country," "Modern Vintage," "Rococo," and "Shabby Chic."
Love these tealights
These mercury bottles mix modern with rustic
If you want to see more visit The Inglenook Decor
You have read this article Antiques / cottage decorating / french country / modern cottage / modern vintage / rococo / shabby chic / shopping / white interiors with the title Tips to get a "Modern Cottage" look. You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2010/09/tips-to-get-cottage-look.html. Thanks!